Join Civil Rights, Faith, Labor and Community groups in a silent march against NYC’s “Stop and Frisk” Policy! On Father’s Day, let’s stand together to show that New Yorkers refuse to let our children be victimized by racial profiling.
Sunday, June 17th – march begins at 3 pm
- Enter the assembly area from the west or from the north, NOT from the east!
- You can begin gathering as early as 1pm, but remember – the march starts at 3 pm!
- Closest subway stops: Cathedral Parkway (110 St) on the B and C trains, Central Park North (110 St.) on the 2 and 3 trains.
- Please check subway schedules for any changes.
- Contingents are being assigned locations within the assembly area. Please check back here in a few days for details.
- The march begins at 110th St. and Fifth Ave.
- We will march south on Fifth Ave. to 78th Street.
- Mayor Bloomberg’s mansion is on 79th St., just east of Fifth Ave.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Put on sun screen and/or wear a hat, especially if it is a sunny day.
- Carry a bottle of water.
- Posters, signs, banners – but remember that you cannot use wooden or metal sticks!
- Do not bring any noise makers or musical instruments!